Having known the Cluver family for several years, it is an honour and privilege to represent their wines here in Ireland.
The Paul Cluver Estate is part of the De Rust, one of the largest and oldest estates in Elgin. The De Rust farm was originally bought by Dr Paul Clüver’s great grandfather in 1896 to provide summer grazing for their livestock. In the mid 1980’s, the Elgin area was identified as a cool climate wine-growing appellation which is similar to the famed region of Burgundy in France. In 1986 the first plantings of noble varietals were made.
The wines of the estate are the result of a close knit family who are dedicated to the holistic production of fine wines. They are guided by now retired neirosurgeon, Dr Paul Clüver, whose pioneering spirit created the building blocks for Paul Cluver Wines with very strong support from his beautiful and very capable wife, Songvei. “Our vision is to make a meaningful difference. We strive for excellence in everything we do while being mindful of the impact our actions will have.”